Saturday, June 5, 2010

Memorial Day weekend – hope yours was good.

I hope you all had a wonderful Memorial Day, with some great family activities. Joe and I spent Saturday putting a roof on my Mom’s shed. The thing is about 35 years old and started to leak. She really likes that shed even though it’s not much to look at, so we told her we would replace the roof. It was an all day project and we finished just in time for a big rainstorm to test it for leaks for us. Good news – no leaks! We ended up adding a “porch” covering to it because the tin was really long, so we need to go back and put in the supports for the “porch” covering. Sunday was a day of our own house and yardwork, nothing exciting.
Monday was a very fun and exhausting day. I ran the Bolder Boulder for the first time ever, as did my friend Donna. It was such a fun race. Bands lined the streets, and they were very diverse. We started off with the Blues Brothers, then we was Elvis, some belly dancers, a band dressed up as babies, and much more. At mile 2.2 it was called Marshmallow Mile and the spectators were throwing marshmallows at the runners. I’m not really sure why. Then along the way, people were offering bacon. I’m not sure how you eat that and run without choking. It was a great day to run and honor our military personnel. I ran it in 1:15.18, which gives me numbers to improve on for next year. This is the third weekend in a row that I was running some race: first was the Colfax Marathon relay, then the Cottonwood Classic 5k, and finally the Bolder Boulder. I think I will be resting until the end of July, then it’s the Chamber Challenge 5k.
Since we’ve been so busy, I have not stamped a whole lot, but I will be working on some projects and posting them in the next few days. Stay tuned for updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts, but keep it positive. :0)