Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween!!

I love to see all the kids in their costumes. Some are so creative. We had a girl come to the door dressed as a Rubic's Cube. It was so cool. The things you can come up with with a cardboard box. We had our share of spooks and goblins, an adorable little dinosaur, and superheroes. I love this holiday--the decorations, the costumes, and the excitement!

Here's the decorations for this year. Usually I put out the fog machine too, but decided not to this year.

I found the perfect hiding place for my witch. As you come around the tree, she greets you with "Trick or Treat, smell my feet, give me something good to eat, followed by a witchy cackle. She goes perfect with the witch's cauldron to stir up some mischief.


She did her job. I heard a scream coming from the front porch.

So now on to my final Halloween project (sigh). 

I made these cute luminaires with vellum paper, basic black cardstock, the scallop border punch, and Spooky Things Decor Elements. 






To make these cuties, just cut a sheet of vellum in half at 5.5 inches, and put one piece aside. With the other piece, cut it down to either 4.5 or 4 inches. Score along the 8.5 inch side at 2, 4, 6, and 8. Place the Decor Element of your choice on this piece. Cut a piece of basic black cardstock to 8.5 x 1 inch. Punch out a border along the 8.5 inch side. Score this piece at 2, 4, 6, and 8 as well. Glue to the bottom of the vellum, matching folds, then glue the seam together. Place an LED candle in to light it up. For the bigger one, cut a piece of vellum in half, score at 4 and 8 on both pieces. Cut two 8.5x1 inch pieces of Basic Black cardstock and scallop the edges of both pieces. Score these at 4 and 8 as well. Place the Decor Elements of your choice on the panels. Glue the strips to the bottom of the vellum. Glue the 1/2 inch flap to a 4 in piece to create a cube. Light up with an LED candle.

I hope you had a safe and Happy Halloween!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts, but keep it positive. :0)