Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Vintage Card and Color Renovation


Here’s another project from the Shoebox Swap that I copied for my card class. Susan Conti made this adorable card, and I absolutely love the vintage look. This card uses our new “Presto Patterns” Specialty Designer paper, which comes in 12x12 sheets of white, but when sponged, brayered or spritzed with ink or our new Smooch Spray, the design “magically” appears with a shimmer—all that’s missing in the crossing of the arms and blinking like I Dream of Jeannie or a twitch if the nose like Samantha from Bewitched (sorry, I’m dating myself with these references). For this one, we just sponged Close to Cocoa on it. I’m so sad that this is one of the colors retiring. I tend to use this one a lot.


Speaking of retiring colors, I just wanted to post a reminder about the Color Renovation. Stampin’ Up! is retiring colors in June and adding new ones in July. If you absolutely LOVE any of the retiring colors, now is the time to stock up! Don’t wait until June to get your favorites, they may be gone as many of them are already on backorder. Here’s a picture of the colors that are being retired.

Seriously, don't wait-- supplies are limited.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts, but keep it positive. :0)