Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Crumb Cake to Chocolate Mess!

Have you ever had “one of those days” where you wonder who stole your brain? I had one of those moments on Sunday. I had been racking my brain all weekend for a great project for our shoebox swap Monday night. Then I got this brilliant idea (or at least I thought so at the time) and got out the stamps and ink. I got out the Chocolate Chip, Crumb Cake and Pink Pirouette ink pads. I noticed that my Crumb Cake ink pad seemed a little dry, so I went over to the refills and picked one up and started reinking the pad. This little teeny voice inside my head says, “Are you sure that’s the right ink pad?”  Sure enough, I flip it over and it’s Crumb Cake that I am reinking with the Chocolate Chip reinker. It wasn’t a little bit either, it was a whole lot (it was really dry). Needless to say, I no longer have a Crumb Cake ink pad and have to order a new one. Augh!!!!!! And it’s my favorite color too. I use it for everything! After kicking myself and realizing that there is nothing I can do to fix it, I toss it in the trash. Good thing I need to order some supplies, I can just add that, but it’s the whole principle of the thing. After all that, I decided to scrap the project--it just wasn't working the way I had it planned in my head.
Here’s what I took instead. It is a variation of another project I did for the new Occasions Mini Catalog swap which launched January 4. WooHoo!!! There are so many cute sets and ideas in it, so you will want to book your workshops soon to take advantage of the hostess benefits and earn free stuff! This is a little candy holder/wrapper to dress up chocolate (who doesn’t love that?). I used the table setting die, oval punch, scallop oval punch and the Bliss set from the new Sale-A-Bration catalog. I also added a piece of pink shimmer tulle from the fabric store to add a little pizzazz! You can fit one or two Ghirardelli chocolate squares in these babies. I punched two holes in the bottom to run the satin ribbon through and tie into a bow.



Here’s a sneak peek of what the original treats looked like.
I will post the full pics when the girls receive theirs so as not to take away the surprise.


Happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts, but keep it positive. :0)