Thursday, October 20, 2011

October's cards and November Workshop

We had a great time making October's cards last night. All the cards used the Gently Falling stamp set from the Holiday Mini catalog. I absolutely LOVE this stamp set. It is great for masculine cards, but also those fall cards with the beautiful colors. I swear my favorite color combo is More Mustard and Concord Crush.

The first one is using Concord Crush, Crumb Cake, and Very Vanilla cardstock. I stamped the oak leaf image in Versamark and then embossed it with clear embossing powder. Then I stamped the En Francais image over that in Soft Suede (upside down I might add -- oops, don't tell anyone--shhh!) The I sponged Wisteria Wonder over the embossed leaf image. Tie it together with Wisteria Wonder ruffle ribbon (gotta love the ruffles), and place on a square lattice background. This card was inspired by one made by my friends Cindy Russell, and then modified by Tara Bazata.



The next one I CASED from Stampin' Connection. I'm sorry I don't remember who did the original. I changed a few things on mine, including adding the artichoke denim ribbon.




This last one is totally copied from my friend Jan Myers. I just love this paper weaving technique, and I am dying over these huge buttons. They are fabulous!



And yes, they all used one basic stamp set, a background stamp set, and a set of words. 

Oh, and by the way, did you see my new header? It's done with the Pick Your Poison set for My Digital Studio (MDS). LOVE THIS!!!

Mark your calendars for my in-home workshop, Wednesday, November 2, at 6:30. Come have a girls night out and some fun with us. Just let me know you will be attending (and how many friends you will be bringing with you) ;0)

See you soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts, but keep it positive. :0)