Thursday, December 22, 2011

Snow day

I know we live in Colorado, but contrary to popular belief, we have very few major snowstorms here. It usually snows and then clears up in no time. This was not the case Wednesday night. It started snowing hard while we were in Longmont Wednesday about 5:30 or 6 p.m. It was pretty and really big flakes. It became a little stressful though driving through it, even though we were in a four-wheel drive truck. The normal 20-30 minute drive home took way longer than that.


By 6 a.m. Thursday morning, we had a lot of snow. The weather forecasters weren't kidding. I opened the door to let the dogs out and the snow was all the way up to the bottom of the door. The dogs looked at me like "you have got to be kidding. I'm not going out in that." Needless to say, I stayed home. My car sits really low to the ground and ground clearance was not good. Even the trash trucks were sliding around in our cul-de-sac.

The good thing is I finally got some ornaments on our tree. Not all of them, mind you, but I did get on my favorites. Here's some of the pics.



Here's our Bronco ornament. The little mouse referee looks like he is flipping you off (he's not really)



Here's a pinecone that Jeremy made when he was little.



Here's a little wooden guy and a moose that he bought for me at a school craft show.


Here's our Christmas spider (in Bronco colors of course)


A snowman that Josh made in school



A Christmas tree that we made in Cub Scouts.


Josh's pinecone ornament.


A reindeer


A swan with a teddy bear given to me by my friend Sharon. 



And of course, you have to have the Christmas Pickle hidden in the tree somewhere.

Thanks for letting me share my snow day with you. I hope to post the cards we did at card class tomorrow. Stay tuned.

Gina



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your thoughts, but keep it positive. :0)